Table of Contents
What is an example of a paraphrase?
Original: Giraffes like Acacia leaves and hay and they can consume 75 pounds of food a day. Paraphrase: A giraffe can eat up to 75 pounds of Acacia leaves and hay every day. Original: Any trip to Italy should include a visit to Tuscany to sample their exquisite wines.
What is word paraphrase mean?
1 : a restatement of a text, passage, or work giving the meaning in another form The teacher asked the students to write a paraphrase of the poem.
How do you write a paraphrase?
- Read the original source carefully. …
- Identify the main point(s) and key words.
- Cover the original text and rewrite it in your own words. …
- Write the paraphrase in your own style. …
- Review your paraphrase to check it accurately reflects the original text but is in your words and style.
How does a paraphrase look like?
How do you paraphrase for beginners?
- Decide what the key information is, for the purposes of your discussion.
- Change the order of the ideas and the words. …
- Change the word form/grammatical form if necessary.
- Use synonyms if appropriate, but do not change any specific terminology.
When can paraphrasing be used?
How long is a paraphrase?
What makes a good paraphrase?
1. Original—paraphrases should use your own fresh vocabulary, phrasing, and sentence structure, not the sentence structure, phrasing and words of your source. 2. Accurate—paraphrases must precisely reflect the ideas, tone, and emphasis of your source.
How do you paraphrase in 5 easy steps?
How do you paraphrase a paragraph in Word?
What are two tips that should be followed when paraphrasing?
What is a paraphrase quote?
What are the two types of paraphrasing?
What are the 3 ways to paraphrase a sentence?
These include changing the word form, using the passive voice to change the phrase from active to passive, changing the sentence structure or using different clauses to change the verb form.
What are three types of paraphrasing?
What is one step when paraphrasing a text?
- Read the original text until you grasp its meaning; then set it aside. …
- Using your memory, write down the main points or concepts. …
- Change the structure of the text by varying the opening, changing the order of sentences, lengthening or shortening sentences, etc.